Naruto Junkies, Prove Your Existence!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto discussion site! Anime, Manga

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!!

Go down 
+2
NarutoJunkie
slipsour001
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
slipsour001
Admin
slipsour001

Male Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2006-05-22

CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!!   CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 6:24 pm

I've been off work, and thats me time SO GET OFF MY BACK!!!! J/K . . . . anyways, i was referring to Orson Wells' 1984. Great book, not as good as animal farm, but hey, we'll let that slide.
Back to top Go down
Yondaime Naruto's dad
Akatsuki
Yondaime Naruto's dad

Male Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Character Sheet
Naruto RPG:

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!!   CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 8:48 pm

In 1984 you are old i wasn't even thought about in 1984 it took 3 whole years before i was born. Why would i wanna read old trash from the 80's
Back to top Go down
Menow
Admin
Menow

Female Number of posts : 1206
Registration date : 2006-09-26

Character Sheet
Naruto RPG:

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!!   CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 9:07 pm

So, you don't want to read any Shakespeare? or Poe? or Vonnegut?

You don't want to read Dracula, or Frankenstein, or the Marquis de Sade? I mean, if you want to limit yourself to your age range, then be my guest. Just don't complain when your not as smart as the rest of us. Very Happy (j/k)
Back to top Go down
slipsour001
Admin
slipsour001

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!!   CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2007 12:30 am

GOOD POINT MENOW!!! POE IS THE MAN!!!! Anyways, the name of the book is 1984, it was written in 1949. I wasn't referring to the year 1984 YND, and i'm not that old, i was only born in 1984, so . . . that is all . . . . . be sure to tip your waitress. . .
Back to top Go down
Yondaime Naruto's dad
Akatsuki
Yondaime Naruto's dad

Male Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Character Sheet
Naruto RPG:

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!!   CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2007 1:05 am

O im not saying that seriously i was just kidding. I love the works of William Shakespeare, and Edgar Allen Poe, i think knowledge is a fairly important thing, which can come from a good book like this.
Back to top Go down
Menow
Admin
Menow

Female Number of posts : 1206
Registration date : 2006-09-26

Character Sheet
Naruto RPG:

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!!   CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2007 1:37 am

I was just teasin' ya, Yon. tongue

Poe IS the Master!!

I think I was around the age of 8 when I first read The Monkey's Paw. To this day, it remains one of my favorites. It scared the bejeezus out of me then. *shivers* I still remember those feelings of figuring out what was gonna happen with that 3rd wish. Probably didn't help that I was under the covers with a flashlight after bedtime.
affraid (I love that stuff)

I have a love for horror/thriller shorts. I remember The Most Dangerous Game and The Cask of Amontillado as some of my favorite shorts. Good, good stuff. I loved the evil killing. Especially in Cask.., imagining that guy screaming and pleading the whole time. Ha Ha Ha It really inspires one's wicked desires. Twisted Evil

I never got to read 1984, but I always meant to. I did read Brave New World, though. Talk about pissin' you off. I think it took me 3 days to get through the first chapter just because I had to keep puttin' the book down to rant. What they were doing to those babies was insane. But I swear that one day I'm gonna get to 1984...and Slaughterhouse 5. I just can't feel good knowing I let the classics get by me.
Back to top Go down
slipsour001
Admin
slipsour001

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!!   CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2007 6:53 pm

Yes, the classics are awsome!!! I love all Poe, and I definately love The Most Dangerous Game!! The Evil General Zaroff!! I also like newer classics like, "Angels And Demons" by Dan Brown (way better than Da Vinci Code if you ask me!!) "Jurassic Park" by Micheal Crichton (great writer!!) and anything by Stephen Ambrose!!! (Band Of Brothers, Citizen Soldiers, The Wild Blue, etc. etc. etc. . . . )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!!   CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CALLING ALL VETRAN MEMBERS!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2